About Me and Making Lemonade

My photo
Greater Columbus, OH, United States
I am a Christian, wife, mom of two lovable boys that have autism, leader of a parent support group and a blogger. The blog and support Group are for parents of exceptional children with Sensory Processing Disorder, ADD, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Behavioral and Developmental Delays, etc. Meetings are held in the Greater Columbus, Ohio area every Wednesday morning at DCBDD in Lewis Center and the first Tuesday of each month at Pediatric Therapy Partners also in Lewis Center.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chuck E. Cheese Offers Gluten Free Options

Chuck E. Cheese Offers Gluten Free Options

I can not tell you how many times we have been to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party, or just for fun, and I have had to take our own food.  My two boys love to go there with friends and play games.  I will pack our special gluten free/dairy free cupcakes to take to birthday parties.  I have also been known to take in Arby's roast beef and potato cakes.  I felt as if I were being tacky at first, but they were so nice about it at Chuck E. Cheese, I didn't feel so bad.  It is difficult for my children to sit there and watch all of their friends enjoying pizza and birthday cake.  I wanted my children's entire visit to be enjoyable and I certainly didn't want them feeling left out.

Chuck E. Cheese has just announced that they are offering a gluten-free cheese pizza and a chocolate fudge cupcake!  This does not address all allergy issues, so my children still can't have these items.  But, these foods may be a better choice for many children.  The pizza is cooked in an individually wrapped package to eliminate any cross contamination.  I'm anxious to hear how about the quality of  their new pizza and cupcakes.

The new gluten-free menu is being offered at over 500 locations across the U.S. and Canada.  I would call to verify if the specific location you will be going to has adopted this new menu yet.  Kuddos to Chuck E. Cheese!  Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment